Do you remember this exchange last month between President Biden and ABC’s George Stephanopoulos? If you don’t, here’s how it went:
- Stephanopoulos: “Your top military advisers warned against withdrawing on this timeline. They wanted you to keep 2,500 troops.”
- Biden: “No, they didn’t. That wasn’t true.”
- Stephanopoulos: “Your military advisers did not tell you that, ‘No, we should just keep 2,500 troops. It’s been a stable situation for the last several years. We can do that. We can continue to do that.’?”
- Biden: “No, no one said that to me that I can recall.”
When I heard Biden utter those words, I knew he was lying. I spent 3-1/2 years on active duty in the U.S. Army and I learned that even the most inept military commander knows that you never remove all of your troops from a city and THEN commence with an evacuation of civilians.
Biden’s lies were exposed again and again during Tuesday’s Senate Armed Services Committee hearings and then during yesterday’s House Armed Services Committee hearings.
During testimony before those committees Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley, and head of U.S. Central Command General Kenneth McKenzie, all said they had advised Biden to keep at least 2,500 troops in place in Afghanistan.
“I recommended that we maintain 2,500 troops in Afghanistan,” McKenzie testified. “I also have a view that the withdrawal of those forces would lead inevitably to the collapse of the Afghan military forces and eventually the Afghan government.”
McKenzie was right and so was General Austin “Scott” Miller, our nation’s last commander in Afghanistan, and Biden ignored his expert advice as well.
Milley’s assessment was similar: “I said, we should keep a steady state of 2,500 and it could bounce up to 3,500, maybe, something like that, in order to move toward a negotiated solution.”
Secretary of Defense Austin made it clear that Biden got the message: “Their (the generals) input was received by the president and considered by the president, for sure.”
So there you have it. The president ignored the advice of his senior military leaders. That’s his privilege, even if he wishes to lie about it.
But Biden is a habitual liar and plagiarist and has been for most of the 40-plus years he and his corrupt family have been gorging themselves at the public trough.
In 1987-88 he claimed:
- He was the only one in his class to go to law school on a full scholarship.
- He graduated in the top half of his class.
- He was the outstanding student in his political science class.
- He graduated with three degrees, earning 165 credits when he only needed 123.
Sorry folks. Those are all lies. Here’s the truth as uncovered by the media:
- He had a 1/2 scholarship that was needs-based.
- He ended up near the bottom of his class: 76th in a class of 85 at his law school.
- He was not the outstanding political science student.
- He graduated with only one degree, and barely at that.
Biden didn’t stop there. In various speeches, the media (once upon a time, they actually did their jobs) revealed that Biden had plagiarized British Labor Leader Neil Kinnock, Bobby Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, and Hubert Humphrey.
They also revealed that he cheated in law school, plagiarizing others’ work. Biden acknowledged that he plagiarized a law review journal for a paper during law school at Syracuse. He asked school administrators not to expel him, saying he “made a mistake in the citation process.”
When cornered about his lies, Biden said, “I’ve done some dumb things, and I’ll do dumb things again.”
Guess what? Biden was right. He has done dumb things and he continues to do dumb things.
And now that millions of Democrats with short memories or who are politically comatose have elected this compulsive liar and plagiarist to the nation’s highest office, all of us are suffering for it.
Just look at the humanitarian catastrophe on our Southern border, the inflation that is devastating our economy, and the calamity of our withdrawal from Afghanistan.
Then, there is his despotic management of the pandemic by ordering mandated vaccinations—a move that has created an enormous credibility gap because just eight months ago, he said he would never mandate Covid-19 vaccinations.
But, hey, that’s good ole Joe for ya. You believe this man at your own risk.
Me? I stopped believing this prevaricator decades ago.
Too bad we have millions of voters today who either don’t care if they elect a fraud and a cheat to the White House as long as he’s a Democrat, or who are too naïve to see how deceitful and devious Biden is.
I tend to think it is the former, not the latter.