I get a lot of strange emails. Sometimes they contain little bits of wisdom, and when they do, I file them away on my computer for future reference.
Today, I want to share some of these musings with you. Perhaps you will find them interesting. Perhaps not.
In any case, take a look. You may find something you like.
- I had amnesia once — maybe twice.
- I went to San Francisco. I found someone’s heart. Now what?
- Protons have mass? I didn’t even know they were Catholic.
- All I ask is a chance to prove that money can’t make me happy.
- If the world were a logical place, men would be the ones who ride horses sidesaddle.
- What is a “free” gift? Aren’t all gifts free?
- They told me I was gullible and I believed them.
- Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he’ll never be able to merge his car onto the freeway.
- Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.
- One nice thing about egotists: they don’t talk about other people.
- My weight is perfect for my height–which varies.
- I used to be indecisive. Now I’m not
- How can there be self-help “groups”?
- If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?
- Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I’ll show you a man who can’t get his pants off.
- Is it me — or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?
Finally, a few interesting facts that you can use to win a bet or two.
- There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
- There is one slot machine in Las Vegas for every eight inhabitants.
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in Renaissance Florence to shave them off.
- The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad.
And this little tidbit for those of us who use keyboards.
- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet, which is why it was always used in typing tests.
[If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to ForeignCorrespondent and tell your friends to subscribe. IT’S FREE! WHAT A DEAL! If you’ve received this from a friend and would like to be added to our distribution list for future blog posts, please enter your email address in the sign up for notifications box on the right side of this post or at: https://ronaldyatesbooks.com/category/foreign-correspondent You can also find my commentaries on the American Free News Network at https://afnn.us. And please feel free to comment. WE LOVE COMMENTS!]